1996-08-16 - NPR Science Friday for 8/16

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9357a15f7bfd40306aa773c1d876069ad371305039a49b8fd0467b45debd81e8
Message ID: <v03007800ae39ed8a7843@[206.119.69.46]>
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 00:00:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 00:00:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NPR Science Friday for 8/16

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:54:37 -0300
To: dcsb@ai.mit.edu (Digital Commerce Society of Boston)
From: The Arctos Group <arctos@arctos.com>

This afternoon's program on "Science Friday" on National Public
Radio, broadcast from Washington, DC at 1800hrs GMT (2PM EDT) is on
the future of the internet.  I was unable to get a list of guests,
but past programs would suggest that there likely will be some
interesting individuals.  Host Ira Flatow is much more techno-savvy
than the usual broadcast personality.

Here is the description from the npr.org web site:

  Show Date: 8/16/96

  Topic for Hour One: Internet Update

  Synopsis:  A War is waging over the future of the Internet.  Who
  will control it, and what will it look and sound like as it reaches
  maturity?  In this hour of Science Friday, find out who the players
  are, and what you can expect to see, or not see, on your computer
  screen in the years to come.

Sorry for the short notice.  I just heard the teaser this morning.

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"'Bart Bucks' are not legal tender."
                -- Punishment, 100 times on a chalkboard,
                       for Bart Simpson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/

Thread