1996-08-07 - Wee Beasties on Mars

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9d64f388f7ea99bbe821f3c1f268adb936f0ce41b3d937ec5868a72898c7213c
Message ID: <199608071634.JAA06580@netcom13.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199608071442.KAA02713@nrk.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-07 23:15:08 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 07:15:08 +0800

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 07:15:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Wee Beasties on Mars

> schryver@radiks.net:

> > NBC News at Sunrise has just announced the discovery of alien life on the
> > planet Mars.  The lifeform that became extinct more than 2 billion years
> > ago was found as a fossil in a meteor that originated from mars and landed
> > on earth.  The fossil found was a primitive germ life form.

NASA is holding a news conference today to discuss the find.  I must
admit I am curious as to how they determined the meteor's origin.
Most material in the solar system is similar in composition.

Definitely a news story worth following, however.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread