1996-08-09 - Going Postal (Was: Boom!)

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: af723654adaecfd0256e086a4b5e8bcd6317669513f0b83239f3a4d82c8f7a99
Message ID: <199608090050.RAA15679@netcom12.netcom.com>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960808224330.00834cbc@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-09 05:17:34 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 13:17:34 +0800

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 13:17:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Going Postal (Was: Boom!)

DCF writes:

> So, if it turns out that TWA 800 was an accidental wing tank
> explosion, will they give us our civil liberties back?  If not,
> why not?

The Post Office has now jumped on the terrorist bandwagon by
announcing that it will no longer be legal to drop any package
weighing over 16 ounces into a collection box.

Larger packages will have to be presented in person at the
Post Office, and I wouldn't be surprised if several forms of
ID were required.

Should wreak havoc with the mail order video tape rental business,
with those handy pre-paid 4th class labels you just slap on the
tapes before dropping in the nearest mailbox.

I suspect one could do a lot of damage to a mailbox with under 16
ounces of the proper explosive.  Perhaps one of our resident
Cypherpunks bomb experts could expand on this subject.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread