1996-08-09 - John Gilmore on the Radio!

Header Data

From: “P. J. Ponder” <ponder@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b63d9d7c1e5eb1bc40cb8da6c90f622bd851f2571bd66799e6d009c7af93875a
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.91.960809160856.44399A-100000@fn1.freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 07:37:14 +0800

Raw message

From: "P. J. Ponder" <ponder@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 07:37:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: John Gilmore on the Radio!

Today at lunchtime in the Eastern Time Zone, the radio show Real
Computing with John C. Dvorak had John Gilmore as a guest, and Dvorak
asked several questions about the US federal case against Phil
Zimmerman.  Surprising how little Dvorak knew about the issues,
especially considering he's a pretty bright guy and up-to-speed with the
technology.  He asked JG [paraphrasing] - now that the government case
against PRZ is dropped, what else is the Electronic Frontier Foundation
(of which Gilmore is a board member) taking up as its next 'cause'?

The implication was that the 'crypto thing' is settled and we can move on
to other issues.

This may have been a rebroadcast of an earlier show, I don't know.

Gilmore was referred to by Dvorak as the head of the cypherpunks a few
times.

Thread