1996-08-23 - Re: [rant] Re: Spamming (Good or Bad?)

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Message Hash: bba3d52cf244862376855349ecb1c3a5e41b0cdbc7668e2d2a0c73fdeed8354f
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960822172809.170A-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960821203026.00c82314@mail.teleport.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-23 02:15:33 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:15:33 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:15:33 +0800
To: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [rant] Re: Spamming (Good or Bad?)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Alan Olsen wrote:
> At 05:49 PM 8/20/96 +0000, Ross Wright wrote:
> >> I oppose spamming because it's rude and inefficient, lowering the
> >> S/N everywhere it happens.  Market droids
> >Market Droids????  As a salesman I take offence at this slur.
> It is a mild term compared to some of the things that could be said about sales.
> I have dealt with far too many sales people.  Few of them knew anything
> about the products that they were selling.  (This is especially true of the
> computer field.  "Do you know the difference between a computer salesman and
> a car salesman?  The car salesman knows how to drive.")

     The way I heard it was that the Car Salesman knew he was lying.

> But then, rarely does truth enter into the matter of sales...
> Sales people have a bad reputation for a very good reason.  If they actually
> had a basic understanding of what they were selling, and were not so
> untrustworthy as to not commit to things that are not deliverable, they
> would have that reputation.

     Then they would not be sales people. Good salesmen are like good
governments. Very Very Rare.

o.b. Crypto: Uh...Uh...Uh... Testing one way hashes on SalesDroids.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com

Thread