1996-08-09 - Re: Oregon License Plate Site in the News Tonight!

Header Data

From: jfricker@vertexgroup.com (John F. Fricker)
To: Rich Graves <rich@c2.org>
Message Hash: cf90278c019391cc361646c054f1a089bb7c879ecb9ac3b2874cae5df3bc5526
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960809024936.00c79f48@vertexgroup.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 14:40:21 +0800

Raw message

From: jfricker@vertexgroup.com (John F. Fricker)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 14:40:21 +0800
To: Rich Graves <rich@c2.org>
Subject: Re: Oregon License Plate Site in the News Tonight!

At 05:32 PM 8/8/96 -0700, Rich Graves wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, John F. Fricker wrote:
>
>> ObCypherpunks: How many people do you know that are working on a day to day
>> basis with medical records systems, the District Attorney's computers, your
>> doctor's computers, state Department of Health, and so on. I'm sure it's
>> come up before but isn't this an obvious of application of encryption and
>> PAK (Public Access to Keys)? Any legislation currently to _require_ that
>> medical records and such be encrypted with access restricted.
>
>"Require"?
>
>Wouldn't do shit. It's a social problem more than a technological problem.

Isn't that the role of legislation? To implement solutions that society
would not do on it's own?

The enabling technology is obviously off the self.

I think you may have misinterpretted my last sentence which was supposed to
have had a ? at the end. Where's the proof reader when you need one!

--j

Thread