1996-08-15 - Re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Header Data

From: Bart Croughs <bart.croughs@tip.nl>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: d6b4ecd7016f7f3426a790dbf79a26dc24d771a675e48ffc496e262382b7be36
Message ID: <01BB8AB1.1F348240@groningen10.pop.tip.nl>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 22:59:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Bart  Croughs <bart.croughs@tip.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 22:59:37 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Sandy Santford wrote:

>Bart Croughs wrote:

>> If you don't know the answer, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

It is just this sort of unnecessary condescending snottiness that
create the clear impression that Bart is an asshole.  Perhaps he
is a fine chap and this is just his style, but I find it very
offensive an counter-productive in this discussion.

 S a n d y<

To prove that I'm behaving badly you quote me out of context. My
statement 'If you don't know the answer, there's nothing to be
ashamed of', was immediately followed by the statement 'I don't
know the answer either'. In this context, my statement wasn't that
snotty. After all, I made clear that in this respect I wasn't any
better than you. So I think you are overreacting a bit. Second, I
didn't complain about the tone of your previous posts when you
talked about me 'fretting' about the dropping wages of American
workers, or when you wrote 'yada, yada, yada' in response to one
of my posts. I don't even complain when you call me an asshole
(except that maybe next time you start calling names you could
be a bit more imaginative...) It's not that important. I guess I just
get subconsciously a little irritated, and that's the reason I'm
maybe a little less polite when I answer your posts than you would
like me to be. So if you want me to behave nicer when I answer
your posts, the best way to achieve this would be to start
behaving nicer yourself.

Bart Croughs

Thread