1996-08-27 - Re: libelous action

Header Data

From: “Ross Wright” <rwright@adnetsol.com>
To: perry@piermont.com
Message Hash: d7bc58d34ba07a77f16b1d859431258f417c1c4c465c552d973f905645e8b393
Message ID: <199608270323.UAA13852@adnetsol.adnetsol.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:28:53 +0800

Raw message

From: "Ross Wright" <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:28:53 +0800
To: perry@piermont.com
Subject: Re: libelous action

Sirs:

If I was John E. Holt, I would take a different public relations
tack.  I would seek positive input, not a negative reaction to
criticism.  Or I would ignore the critique altogether.

Ross Wright

On Or About: 26 Aug 96, 22:29, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> demonstrate that. If Mr. Holt would like to sue me, he's invited to.
> I'm sure he'll be at least as likely to follow up as Karl Denninger
> or "Dr." Fred C. Cohen.
>
> Perry
>
> C Matthew Curtin writes:
> > JOHN> Dear Mr. Curtin
> > JOHN> Your statements about myself and my product, The
> > JOHN> POUCH are defamatory.  Since they have been made in writing
> > and JOHN> shown to and seen by other parties on the Internet, they
> > JOHN> constitute libel. Please admit to all parties that you have
> > no JOHN> personal knowledge of my product capabilities or my
> > personal JOHN> character or reputation.  Failure to do so at once
> > will result JOHN> in legal action against you personally and
> > Megasoft.
> [...]
> > I, speaking only on behalf of myself, stand by this statement. I
> > do not apologize for my comments. If you, Mr. Holt, feel that this
> > is a personal attack against you, I regret that you've
> > misunderstood the tone and nature of my post. My statement is
> > hardly libelous; I simply observed that if your product is truly
> > secure, there is no means by which security experts can verify
> > such claims.

Thread