1996-08-15 - Inside Currents Vol.1,No.5

Header Data

From: ariel@compcurr.com
To: maillist@mail.compcurr.com
Message Hash: e00154a00a91f10d3ecdf17a9af713ca4a81979020d8b824bf3795ba96d645f7
Message ID: <199608131847.LAA01140@mail.compcurr.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:00:57 +0800

Raw message

From: ariel@compcurr.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:00:57 +0800
To: maillist@mail.compcurr.com
Subject: Inside Currents Vol.1,No.5

Inside Currents
Vol 1, No. 5
August 13, 1996

Inside Currents Newsletter
An electronic update from Computer Currents Interactive
http://www.currents.net

CONTENTS:

1. Tech Support, on and off line:  This week's cover story in Computer
Currents Magazine
http://www.currents.net/covr

2.  Gigglebytes turns 10!
http://www.currents.net/gigg

3. Check out our online Shopping Mall
http://www.currents.net/mall

4. Computer Catalogs Online
http://www.currents.net/catalogs

5. Coming soon, from Computer Currents Interactive

6.  Computer Currents Interactive membership information
http://www.currents.net/members

1. Tech Support, on and off line:
Do you need help navigating the sea of available tech support resources?
Read our exclusive Computer Currents cover story for information about
third
party software and hardware support companies who sell phone support, plus
fee and free online help you can find on the internet.  Also, new in our
Columns section: "Corporate PC" looks at Post-It Software Notes; "Gizmos"
explores the chaotic world of videoconferencing; Net Surfer tries Offline
Web Browsing.

       http://www.currents.net/covr

2. Gigglebytes turns 10!
This month Computer Currents magazine celebrates the 10th anniversary of
Gigglebytes.
Join author Lincoln Spector as he revisits his favorite articles over the
past
decade.  Gigglebytes gives readers a humorous view on computer industry
events,
trends and people.

       http://www.currents.net/gigg

3. Check out our online Shopping Mall
Our new shopping mall area is still under construction, but we're already
bringing together an exciting range of regionally based goods and
services.
Of special note: Our Net Quote service allows you to solicit price bids on
computer equipment--you can let the stores come to you.

        http://www.currents.net/mall

4. Computer Catalogs Online
If you're thinking of buying a new computer, check out the new section
we've
got up and running!  Now our users can research computer stores in
their area (or mail order), and browse available hardware listings.  You
can
find local contact numbers with just the click of a mouse!

        http://www.currents.net/catalogs

5. Coming soon, from Computer Currents Interactive
Discount coupons you can print out and use with local retailers;
more ways to order online through CCI; our enhanced "Computer Advisor"
section;
stimulating chat rooms and forums; contests and surveys; more FREE stuff.

6. Computer Currents Interactive membership
CCI Membership is FREE and benefits abound! Create and edit your own
Gallery
page,
post your resume in our Talent Bank, receive special product discounts
from
CCI vendors,
participate in contests and surveys, and much more! If you're not already
member, join CCI today.

       http://www.currents.net/members

 1. If you are NOT interested in receiving Inside Currents, cut and paste
this sentence and e-mail us at
caliban@compcurr.com. We'll remove your address from our list. Please be
sure to include your user name.

2. If you need further assistance, please send e-mail to
ariel@compcurr.com

Computer Currents Interactive   http://www.currents.net
The full-service online resource for computer users!