1996-08-18 - Re: [NOISE] Re: Stopped Clock. Was: Schlafly on Crypto

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Message Hash: e9781258c172be3115e0ed48949f984a1733daaedbbc0fbcc4cd157ed9a192d3
Message ID: <199608180424.VAA27288@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 14:23:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 14:23:50 +0800
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Subject: Re: [NOISE] Re: Stopped Clock. Was: Schlafly on Crypto

At 02:18 PM 8/16/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>> (If Clinton had said things like "Of course I tried to avoid the draft
>> and smoked dope, I'm no fool" and had dropped the draft and the Drug War
>> instead of supporting both after he was President, I might have
>
>There been no draft for about 20 years.  What have _you been smoking?

There's still draft registration.  Sure, they don't currently ask that
your body show up at Camp LeJeune for basic training, but they still
insist that you register where you live and essentially give them
permission to draft you if they feel like taking the political heat
for doing so.  It's illegal not to register if you're 18 and male.
And they do occasionally track whether people are registered;
college loan databases are used for it, and there are occasional
mentions in the press that they've used other sources of
lists-of-18-year-olds to "remind" people that they have to register,
such as public school records.

Some day that you're not too disgruntled, walk into a Post Office
and look at the posters oon the wall.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# <A HREF="http://idiom.com/~wcs"> 	Reassign Authority!