1996-08-10 - Re: photographed license plates

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: “i am not a number!” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f0bbaa61b6c1c57cea4dd19c5c585936eda7b276db31c51b4a35a0d314b00c82
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960809204211.00ff5090@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 08:53:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 08:53:44 +0800
To: "i am not a number!" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: photographed license plates

At 08:23 AM 8/9/96 -0700, i am not a number! wrote:

>O, and I think they're talking more about putting up cameras at some
>troubling intersections to take pictures of cars running red-lights.
>
>And cameras on transit vehicles (buses primarily).

They already have cameras on Tri-Met busses in Portland Oregon.  (Not all of
them, yet...  But many of them have two cameras.  One at the front and one
at the middle.)

It occured during one of the media inspired panics about people with guns on
busses.

>Gee, I am starting to feel so warm and safe!

Remember: A Paranoid constabulary is an effiecient constabulary.  (Just
because you got caught in the crossfire of a cop shooting at a suspected jay
walker does not make it any less effiecient.)

Support your local police for a more efficient police state!

---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."

Thread