1996-08-22 - Re: [Noise] RE: Canada Imprisons People For Human Rights Acti…

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Skip)
To: mthompso@qualcomm.com (Michelle KC5KYO)
Message Hash: f31f45d6d3fef69f7d88055cf7504ed877176ac2846b101c77d81a5068dd3c71
Message ID: <199608220131.SAA19868@netcom.netcom.com>
Reply To: <Pine.GSO.3.94.960821145137.18639C-100000@strange.qualcomm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-22 05:07:34 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:07:34 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Skip)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:07:34 +0800
To: mthompso@qualcomm.com (Michelle KC5KYO)
Subject: Re: [Noise] RE: Canada Imprisons People For Human Rights Acti...

! > I do not believe that freedom of speech in the U.S.A. extends to actively
! > agitating for secession or the overthrow of the federal government.
!
! The right to discuss revolt or secession or the overthrow of the federal
! government, it seems to me, is given below:
!
! "We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created
! equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
! Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of
! Happiness - That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted
! among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the
! Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of
! these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,
! and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such
! Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall
! seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.  ... "
!
! Now this is the Declaration of Independence, and not the Constitution, but
! it seems to me that the right to discuss "agitating for secession or the
! overthrow of the federal government" is protected.

Correct, if government is not protecting our rights as a people, we are
responsible for forcing the government to do so, even if that means
changing of the guard, ie, successful radicalism.

Thread