1996-09-01 - Re: Encryption

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0b44b2fec6a53a69e7109848bc0f4c4ed505d9612dbadfd598d62e7ba2836753
Message ID: <841572886.28792.0@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 20:26:23 +0800

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 20:26:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encryption

> Algorithm: Select bit-groups of random length from the file until the file is
>            completely processed.  Shuffle the bits in each group randomly and
>            save each group back to the file. Repeat if needed using different
>            key-strings for each successive encryption, for increased security.

You pay no attention whatsoever to key distribution, the fact that
this is just a form of permutation and no substitution is used, also
how do you account for the fact that the user`s random number source
may not be strong, even recognized rng`s like the keyboard latency
routines in pgp grind to a halt when faced with a hardware
perculiarity like a keyboard buffer etc...

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
     Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
       Http://www.fatmans.demon.co.uk/crypt/

Thread