1996-09-24 - Re: Snake-Oil FAQ

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0cb9c246f1dbefb6744d8f200178a3d16e10a1bb56da7491c6a7d4501467e306
Message ID: <199609240711.AAA12386@dfw-ix9.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:43:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:43:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Snake-Oil FAQ

At 12:34 PM 9/23/96 -0400, Mark Rogaski <wendigo@pobox.com> wrote:
>I disagree, I think AC is a pretty scary book for the kind of people who
>need the Snake-Oil FAQ.  I think the primary target audiences are IS
>professionals who are considering integrating crypto into their data
>communications and end users who want to send encrypted mail.  Neither

Besides, it's a good excuse to bash that great purveyor of snake-oil,
MicroSoft.  Are there _any_ Microsoft products that have "password protection"
or "encryption" features that aren't totally wimpy?  Word and Excel come with
stuff that might keep out your kid sister, but probably wouldn't keep out
_my_ kid sister...

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# <A HREF="http://idiom.com/~wcs">