1996-09-04 - Re: What is the EFF doing exactly?

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 2701d9eb647c2b2eefc4d94bd92cfc399a2bc531bc8d0f0607a8f30769f0ca0c
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960903175520.783A-100000@eff.org>
Reply To: <199609031737.KAA20451@netcom2.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-04 03:41:40 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:41:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:41:40 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: What is the EFF doing exactly?

V.Z. Nuri, please watch your attributions. I don't recall making any
claims about "ghettoization" of anonymity.

-Declan

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
> what cpunks might consider doing is creating an alternative message
> distribution system like Usenet that starts from the premise that
> anonymous communication is allowed and trying to grow it.
>
> btw, McCullagh's and other's claims about "ghettoization" of
> anonymity strike me as very specious. as long as people can use
> anonymity in some forum they want, I think that's acceptable. what's
> the equivalent of a "ghetto" in cyberspace? you can't go into
> a meeting of professionals wearing a ski mask, although you might
> be able to create such a forum yourself. does that mean you are
> in some kind of a "ghetto"?  oh, brother.

// declan@eff.org // I do not represent the EFF // declan@well.com //

Thread