1996-09-17 - Flamewars and events of the outside world

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 36d2a74ed3e5dde38eb93fc68726fc0119eb9a1ca6c8b39d1e90b053b6207cc5
Message ID: <9609162145.AA08344@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:33:22 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:33:22 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Flamewars and events of the outside world

Is there anybody who saw a correlation with the occurences of
flamewars or nut-cases on the list with important things that
happened in the outside world that could benefit from having the
CPunks looking the other way?

Like this one with "Anonymous" going on.  And a few others lately.
Some clueless or semi-outsiders seems to drop in the group and sling
mud to detract every active participants from the other topics
discussed (usually, more to the point with CP).

I am not ranting about the answering, I'm simply puzzled by the
phenomenon.  Just like, as a rule here in Canada, every time the
country is really going down and that everybody start getting fed-up
of the govt, suddenly the debate on death penalty or abortion or
racial equality or salary inequality among sexes just pops-up.  Every
times, it looks it happened purely as an happenstance but every time,
there was something very fishy going on at another level.

Ciao

jfa
Jean-Francois Avon, Montreal QC Canada
 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
    Finest Limoges porcelain and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultant
    physicists and engineers, LabView programming
PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

Thread