1996-09-19 - Re: A Bizarre Increase in the Ad Hominems Here

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 37e817eacc1285f0c3f0036bbb63b10a0aee6f40f7bb914c984bcf2d952a1982
Message ID: <3240C258.3464@gte.net>
Reply To: <TZ0FuD105w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-19 09:17:44 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 17:17:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 17:17:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: A Bizarre Increase in the Ad Hominems Here

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> tcmay@got.net (Timmy May) (fart) writes:
> * Detweiler (vznuri@netcom.com) writes:
> Detweiler is much smarter than VZNuri (or Timmy). I don't think Timmy
> believes his own lies.

> .....random slurs deleted.....

> Recently, 3 people in the computer security field have independently
> told me that Timmy May approached them "off-list" to complain about
> things I supposedly say on the Internet - most of which I never said.
> When I asked about it on this mailing list, Timmy posted what was
> shown to be a lie (about his complaint to Kelly Goen.) Timmy is known
> as a nutcase and a liar - if he keeps up his "character assassination"
> attacks, the only reputation he hurts is his own.

Pardon me for butting in, but "nutcase and liar" are some pretty
significant slurs, moreso than "putz" or "bozo" or whatever. I'd say
there's gotta be a helluva story here. Background, anyone?

Thread