1996-09-09 - TWA 800 - Serious thread.

Header Data

From: “Douglas B. Renner” <dougr@skypoint-gw.globelle.com>
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Message Hash: 38d842a0b3eafff86832b3edaf10cac95f6961c182651029b451372cb34f05c7
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9609090454.B18246-0100000@skypoint-gw.globelle.com>
Reply To: <323227A1.C1B@gte.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-09 10:52:32 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 18:52:32 +0800

Raw message

From: "Douglas B. Renner" <dougr@skypoint-gw.globelle.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 18:52:32 +0800
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Subject: TWA 800 - Serious thread.

Okay, I'm not paranoid, but I *do* see that something's fishy.

How come the whitehouse Chief of Staff announces just a few days
after the explosion that an explosive chemical residue was found, and
then -- the whitehouse distances itself from his report?!?!

Supposedly now, we're hearing that the early tests were ruled
"inconclusive".  Hmmmm.  I'm curious what criteria determines whether or
not a test can be considered "conclusive".  Might political volatility
have something to do with it?

The US has our best men working on this - they are professionals.  Of
course if an early test came up positive, they would devote all
necessary resources at the highest priority to investigate that
angle completely, and immediately clear up any doubts about the validity
of the test in question.  For this reason, I can't swallow that "they
didn't know" about the chemical residue until recently.  Especially with
the Chief of Staff's early remarks.

We've been told since day one that this investigation were being handled
"as if it were a crime."  In my mind, I've been hoping that this might
shed some positive light on the contradictory signals we're being fed.
Although it's pretty clear they're definitely withholding information, it
just _might_ be that this is being done in a fashion intended to help
with the investigation.  Remember the World Trade Center investigation?
They knew immediately what type of vehicle the blast was in - but they
deliberately gave false information to the media.  They said they were
looking into a blue stationwagon or some such BS, and the culprits believed
it!  Federal agents staked out the rental agency where the _van_ was rented
from and caught one of the buggers, who thought the investigation was way
off track.  Yes!!!

In other words, I'm willing to wait patiently for the truth to come out,
if the professionals in charge deem it advantageous for the course of the
investigation.

Of course the NTSB is behaving like a puppet.  I'm sure the Navy & FBI can
do a much better job at the investigation than the NTSB could ever hope
to do.  This is as it should be.

But if we find out *AFTER* the presidential election that it was friendly
fire which downed TWA 800, then...  words fail me regarding such a scenario.

(FYI One witness described hearing "a sonic boom" (which is consistent with
the supersonic flight of a missile.)  It is significant that he described
it as a sonic boom.  He described first hearing it, then looking up to
witness the explosion.  He was interrogated at length about this detail,
since as with lightning, the sound should have followed the explosion by
several seconds.  Unless of course, it was a true sonic boom caused by a
missile on its way up to the plane.  Recall the other reports of "streaks of
light" leading up to and hitting the plane.  Hmm!!!)

ObCrypto: Learning the truth about the government's use of the media,
especially regarding when & how we are manipulated, can tell us _much_
about the relevancy of crypto in our daily lives.  In particular,
learning the truth is a skill we cannot allow to atrophy if this is the
same political entity which seeks to implement key escrow.  I say, the
thread is relevant.  Fortunately this forum reaches some of the most
intelligent and well-informed minds on the net.

Thread