1996-09-17 - Re: Assassination Politics, was Kiddie porn on the Internet

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 68a6adceafbaea68159ac61ce7fb93cc5e98fbc710b5d6dce54795f7ecacad10
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960917025301.27534G-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <v02130503ae6361b73b06@[10.0.2.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-17 10:01:09 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 18:01:09 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 18:01:09 +0800
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Assassination Politics, was Kiddie porn on the Internet

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Steve Schear wrote:

> Someone wrote:

> >The problem is that assasination rarely leads to the installation of
> >a government that is any better. In most cases it gets worse.

[...]

> We've all heard these arguments, but are they true?  Who says so, and how
> can they be certain? Jim's suggestion has never, to my knowledge, been
> tried on a consistant, large, scale.  When all conventional alternatives
> have been tried and fail, what have we or the starving children got to
> lose?

I think "Lord of the Flies" answers this question quite well.

> Is it legal for citizens of the U.S. to engage in contract killing of
> foreign military, politations, etc?  How about U.S. or foreign non-profits?

As to the first, yes.  (There are several anti-mercenary statutes on the
books)  As to the second, I don't understand the question.

[...]

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn@schloss.li

Thread