1996-09-09 - Re: talker

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: “Z.B.” <zachb@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 6c07b26becaa90cfb90eca0d440af74d1dbd3a8e968d86a8de6131133ccf2790
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.960908185022.331A-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9609081353.A27184-0100000@netcom10>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-09 02:51:54 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 10:51:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 10:51:54 +0800
To: "Z.B." <zachb@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: talker

Complaints about spamming and cross-posting probably won't get you far,
either. On-Net spamvertizing seems to be their source of revenue. Perhaps
shaw.net needs to be contacted instead. It's either that, or give Floyd
and Richard a nickle to go watch batman instead of playing with the computer.

- r.w.

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, Z.B. wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Sep 1996, James A. Donald wrote:
>
> > At 12:26 PM 9/8/96 -0500, Roger Williams wrote:
> > > Yup -- you're never going to see a very high SNR out of Juno:
> >
> > Yes, the anarchy list has a persistent moron from Juno.com, educated
> > well above his intelligence.   A seriously proflic loon.
> >
> > I have told eudora to transfer everything from juno.com into my
> > loon file, regardless of author.  Makes AOL.com look like
> > caltech.
>
> I just checked www.juno.com to see what kind of system they have, and it
> appears that it is a free email service.  No charges at all.  No wonder
> we get so many idiots from there - free mail and they probably don't
> bother to verify the people they give service to, either.
>

> ---
>
> Zach Babayco
>
> zachb@netcom.com  <----- finger for PGP public key
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/4127