1996-09-16 - Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Asgaard <asgaard@Cor.sos.sll.se>
Message Hash: 718729c35924435d721acc3a96986299b119576dc8b5d659c5735f2ae8be5680
Message ID: <323C9BC1.2160@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.HPP.3.91.960914190237.14123A-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-16 03:56:57 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:56:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:56:57 +0800
To: Asgaard <asgaard@Cor.sos.sll.se>
Subject: Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Asgaard wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:
> The 70% already _are_ cutting the throats of the other 30%. It's
> called a 60%+ tax rate. This is the sum of: federal income tax, state
> income tax, Most of these taxes are not used for feeding the poor but
> to support the Nomenclatura of the Bureaucracy and we all want to get
> rid of that.
>
> Cf. what sociologists call "the demographic transition." Countries
> that value learning and wealth are _not_ facing a population problem.
> In fact, many such countries are now at "below replacement" birth
> levels.
> And that's good. The world population really should go back to around
> 1 billion for achieving a stabile ecology (with singing birds for
> the peace of minds). The former (?) US system of encouraging young
> standalone women to make babies to get benefits was very bad. The
> Chinese system - less benefits the more children you have - is the
> way to go.

Just a comment: "The world population really should go back to around
one billion", etc. And how could we achieve that without severe govt.
oppression, one wonders? Now, I've heard of "education" being used to
help the masses learn to be responsible citizens ad nauseam, but since
education is pretty much just propaganda in the massively-capitalist
system now taking over even the P.R. of China, how the heck is education
going to work?

Thread