1996-09-24 - Re: AP [was: Re: Kiddie porn on the Internet] [NOISE]

Header Data

From: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
To: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: 78bf3342fc9f5c3e06dde8751131cfa1635c407361bcd9a5fb93a8085a4faa36
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.95.960924054726.9270A-100000@netcom15>
Reply To: <9609240210.AA17228@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-24 11:08:35 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:08:35 +0800

Raw message

From: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:08:35 +0800
To: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: AP [was: Re: Kiddie porn on the Internet] [NOISE]

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996 hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu wrote:

> 	Troops are in Northern Ireland for a very simple and depressing
> reason. People like Jim want to impose their will on others by force.

	The person who wishes to keep those troops in Northern Ireland
	is the head of an extremely dysfunctional family.

	The current occupant of 10 Downing street simply contributes
	to the problem --by trying to enforce 400+ years of unsuccessfull
	rule. << Logically, the British ought to figured out by now that
	they aren't welcome now, and never were welcome in Ireland, but
	then, they aren't noted for their logic. >>

	#1:	Syrian and Libyan assassins have been extremely
		effective, in terminating with extreme prejudice,
		their targets.

	#2:	the AP contractors are paid for their work.
		$10x5^6, is my guess as the starting price
		for  eliminating some of the despots that inflict
		their warped rule on others. --- The aforementioned
		dysfunctional family might make a good starting point.

> 	It is suprising that someone from the press has not seized upon Jims
> ideas as cause for another cyber-scare. I suspect this is because people

	The idea was first proposed 200 + years ago. Computer technology
	simply makes it easier to implement.

	And the press in that day had a hard time dealing with it,
	because in denouncing it, they spread the idea that maybe
	it is a good thing.   Ignored, it becomes forgotten.  Denounced,
	it becomes a cause celebre.

> like Markof are somewhat more responsible. This is not going to stop me
> from producing an op-ed piece linkiing the net libertarians to assasination

	Do that op-ed piece --- but remember that AP is not a libertarian
	position. Libertarian's think that government is a good thing.
	AP thinks that government is a bad thing, and their philosophical
	differences get wider, from there.

        xan

        jonathon
        grafolog@netcom.com