1996-09-15 - Re: FLO_odd

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Message Hash: 7fe514fd06f20ef4f643f63ad2d71646d699ba48baa4729d4d1a84e1e98f167a
Message ID: <199609150203.WAA06409@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199609150103.BAA03645@pipe2.t2.usa.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-15 04:03:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 12:03:45 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 12:03:45 +0800
To: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Subject: Re: FLO_odd

The software in question should come with a warning attached: use it
and go to jail. Its a felony to maliciously disrupt someone's machines.

Perry

John Young writes:
> 2600, Summer, 1996
>
> Flood Warning
>
> by Jason Fairlane
>

> This program scans a host to determine which ports are open,
> or listening for connections. Once a list of receiving ports
> has been compiled, the program then floods each of them with
> the specified number of SYN packets.
>
> Don't use this software without permission. I'm serious. It's
> very very very bad. This is probably one of the worst forms
> of Denial-Of-Service attacks there is. No one will be able
> to connect to your target's machine. It's bad.
>
> [Code follows.]
>
> -----
>
> http://jya.com/floodd.txt  (12 kb)
>
> FLO_odd