1996-09-25 - Re: SAY WHAT? [Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he’ll write!]

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Message Hash: 843954713eb1129fc421a77b7a06e79a0ad566da3e6ec3035f9be630113622e7
Message ID: <3248DE04.5363@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960924143919.28504B-100000@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-25 09:48:13 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 17:48:13 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 17:48:13 +0800
To: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: SAY WHAT? [Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he'll write!]

Simon Spero wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, attila wrote:
> > NO, I will not outright reject Jim Bell's "Assassination Politics."

> Assasination politics is  impossible to defend from a classical
> Liberal/Libertarian position. Bell advocates arbitrary applications of
> violence and coercion without restriction. There is no way to justify
> the initiation of force without abandoning any pretence of being a
> Libertarian (which, to be fair, Bell doesn't claim to be).

I understood the intent of AP was to take powers the government is
already exercising (unconstitutionally), and merely transfer some of
them to the people, as it were.

Isn't this true democracy (if a rather perverse kind)?

Maybe you should consider that, in the final analysis, Mr. Bell may not
so much want all of us to have responsibility for killing as he does
want to remove the govt's "arbitrary applications of violence and
coercion without restriction", and AP is just your wake-up call.

Maybe, instead of having to face the (alleged) horror of AP, you could
join with other like-minded citizens and stop these atrocities from the
top down, if you have the nerve to go toe-to-toe with "the real
killers", government-style.

Thread