1996-09-10 - PIN_hed

Header Data

From: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 896437a86f2e779b1c959672888e3798c58b3ada04b35ff0faa969f332005945
Message ID: <199609101731.RAA14869@pipe1.t1.usa.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 07:31:16 +0800

Raw message

From: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 07:31:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PIN_hed

   9-9-96. BuWi:

   "Pinkerton and SAIC establish alliance to offer security
   solutions against high-tech gangs, cybercriminals"

      "Pinkerton's gumshoes with SAIC's spooks represent a
      unique resource for clients who must hide from the USG
      high-value, mission-critical assets," said Denis
      Brown, PKT prez. Bob Beyster, SAIC czar, said, "Our
      ex-TLAs are available around the clock to jigger-jive
      clients freaked by TLA-stories of computer hackers,
      criminals and insiders." PKT bill-pads more than
      45,000 and SAIC 22,000; both underpay perps and taxes.

   "NCSA: policeman on the internet beat."

      NCSA employs a number of ex-law enforcement officers
      who try to infiltrate hacker networks and solve
      problems before they start. "We track hackers by going
      underground to their sites," Tippett said. "We pretend
      to be their friends, but they fuck with our heads."

   "Hi/fn Integrates Encryption With Data Compression For
   Efficient, Secure Networking."

      MUM 1.0 provides a processor independent software
      implementation of industry standard DES and Triple DES
      data encryption, HMAC-SHA, HMAC-MD5 keyed hash
      functions, and LZS(r) and MPPC (Microsoft Point to
      Point Compression) compression for Internet, intranet
      and client-server networks.

   -----

   http://jya.com/pinhed.txt  (14 kb for 3)

   PIN_hed