1996-09-14 - Re: China joins Singapore, Germany, ….

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: a48f4846b30875edd2ff0cf7f1df8fae9d536aa8b9a08e358c5a28477e897a3c
Message ID: <32399C94.23FD@gte.net>
Reply To: <i2P2TD1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-14 03:52:26 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 11:52:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 11:52:26 +0800
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: China joins Singapore, Germany, ....

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com> writes:
> At 04:41 AM 9/9/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
> Prison sentences in Germany for those who reveal forbidden information
> about "the Holocaust,"
> In a country where you get 10 months for stabbing a famous tennis star
> in the back, prison isn't much of a penalty.
> I'm sure the sentense would have been different if she weren't a
> Slavic untermensch, or if he were, say, a Turk.
> A friend of mine related how his father - a Jew and a Soviet Army
> officer - commanded a company in WW2. In 1944 they came across a >
> church where over a thousand Nazi soldiers surrendered without
> reistance. He announced them "Ich
> bin ain Jude" and had them all executed. I think he did the right
> thing.
> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM
> Brighton Beach Boardwalk BBS, Forest Hills, N.Y.: +1-718-261-2013,
> 14.4Kbps

First of all, soldiers are just the little guys, like you and me, no
more "Nazis" than "Communists" or whatever we Americans are in the eyes
of the third world, etc.

Remember the Godfather scene where Al Pacino is walking through the town
in Sicily and he says "where are all the men?"? You can "justify"
revenge all you want, and what do you get? Honor? Justice?

You get a lot of dead people, and in the next generation, nobody gives a
shit. Oh, they "continue" the mindless hatred of earlier generations,
spurred on by (take your pick here), but you can't really connect the
issues seamlessly across generations, unless you simplify them in the
extreme, such as "starvation and deprivation are a causative factor in
war", or some such thing. Economic opportunity is certainly a leading
cause in war and genocide, i.e., in a "free" world society, it should be
easier to remove a profit motive than to remove starvation, if you know
what I mean, and I think you do.

Thread