1996-09-04 - Re: Letter to the Observer [re: Internet paedophile]

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a5dbb082a0b5a0b4bc6beeee7176a61a529a21ca83458ee570b9c7c7b71c8b5b
Message ID: <9609041639.AA25461@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 04:20:04 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 04:20:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Letter to the Observer [re: Internet paedophile]

On  4 Sep 96 at 5:41, Martin Minow wrote:

> Forwarded to me by a friend:

> The following letters were delivered to the Editor of the Observer
> last week as a request to publish a retraction of their article
> relating to the Internet that appeared on Sunday 25th. August.

One way to limit or retaliate against diffamation would be to refuse
internet access to anybody known to be part of any such medias, being
tv or paper.

ISPs would probably easily agree since the revenues coming from
journalists vs from the general population is probably minuscule. Of
course, the conventionnal media would set up their own ISP but they
could be identified.

Does that makes sense or am I out to lunch?

jfa

Jean-Francois Avon
 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee; Limoges porcelain, silverware and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants: physicists, technologists and engineers.

 PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
 ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

Thread