1996-09-09 - Re: Los Angeles Times article on Helsingius and anon.penet.fi

Header Data

From: Enzo Michelangeli <enzo@ima.com>
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Message Hash: aa73e4b3102aa328a38f494694371d1aff19cd5d418b7837cc3287ce9dce8503
Message ID: <Pine.WNT.3.95.960909174949.-917231C-100000@stanley.ima.net>
Reply To: <3233E582.FF6D5DF@systemics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-09 12:34:17 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 20:34:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Enzo Michelangeli <enzo@ima.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 20:34:17 +0800
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Subject: Re: Los Angeles Times article on Helsingius and anon.penet.fi

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Gary Howland wrote:

> Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
>
> > Perhaps, but defamation is an issue that can't be ignored either,
> > especially if one tries to build systems based on reputation.
>
> It _is_ an issue that can be ignored - if the "defamer" backs up his
> claims, then fine, the claims can be shown to be valid, otherwise ignore
> those claims.  Simple.

I and you may well choose to do so, but the vast majority of the human
beings believe just anything that is repeated loud and long enough.
Otherwise, nobody would hire PR and pay for advertisement, politicians
wouln't be fedwith taxpayer's money, Bosnians would trade goods instead
of gunshots, etc. I'm personally not interested in conjuring up the latest
utopia for a minoritarian sect of illuminati: I need to live in the real
world, and push for viable solutions that change it for better, now.

Enzo

Thread