1996-09-02 - Re: strengthening remailer protocols

Header Data

From: nobody@cypherpunks.ca (John Anonymous MacDonald)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ba7f827e84ee6b8c35e50beb4f47cfe3327a9edc9779560cf1c3a9b032a8da58
Message ID: <199609022125.OAA17259@abraham.cs.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9608231805.AA01523@clare.risley.aeat.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-02 23:44:09 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 07:44:09 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@cypherpunks.ca (John Anonymous MacDonald)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 07:44:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: strengthening remailer protocols

I don't really see the use of this complicated scheme.  The main
problem seems to be that if M floods remailer R with messages to B,
and A sends a message to C through R, then it will be clear to M that
A's message was destined for C.

Rather than divert messages, then, I propose that for each input
message there is a 10% chance that a piece of cover traffic is
generated.  Thus, if M sends 50 messages through R and sees 6 outgoing
messages going to remailers C, D, and D, he will now know which
messages correspond to the message that A send through.

Thread