1996-09-24 - Re: William Torbitt (pseudonym)

Header Data

From: “Mark M.” <markm@voicenet.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bb89b327d16f76dd778bbf926ee4f0ad62542b9487d0cbb69b0e375372b436c8
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.960923130856.455A-100000@gak>
Reply To: <ae69eea103021004221b@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-24 10:29:43 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:29:43 +0800

Raw message

From: "Mark M." <markm@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:29:43 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: William Torbitt (pseudonym)

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> Presumably the same William Torbitt (psuedonym) who wrote the
> Samizdat-distributed "Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal."
>
> (One of the best treatments of the various swirling connections surrounding
> the JFK assassination and related CIA-Mob-Giancana-Hughes-Castro-etc.
> connections.)
>
> That Torbitt was a pseudonym has some connection to the themes of our list.
> It is believed by many--and it sounds plausible to me--that the actual
> author was a knowledgeable Texas attorney who had gained much familiarity
> with the facts of the case and, circa 1966-68, wrote his extended pamphlet
> "The Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal." Fearing likely sanctions,
> both professional and personal, he chose not to use his real name, and
> pamphlet circulated informally, without a formal publisher.
>
> (It is not written in a wacko-style, so I don't dismiss it as the ravings
> of a loon.)
>
> I haven't checked to see if its on the Web.

No, but for anyone who's interested, it's available from Prevailing Winds
Research (http://www.prevailingwinds.org) for about $7.

--
PGP encrypted mail prefered.
Key fingerprint = d61734f2800486ae6f79bfeb70f95348

Thread