1996-09-19 - Re: GAK, GAP, GAY

Header Data

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bf92a2dee2f719060f834ba265b25fbab056231daa58f5eca26121d2e0c0cde4
Message ID: <v03007801ae6681ded8a1@[207.67.246.99]>
Reply To: <ae657f56110210042afc@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-19 06:59:20 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:59:20 +0800

Raw message

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:59:20 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: GAK, GAP, GAY

Rabit Wombat wrote:
>Don't get me wrong - I'm not disagreeing with you about how grim your
>points are. I just wanted to point out that information "could" be
>released to researchers without identifying the patient - researchers are
>generally interested in statistical data, such as the incidence of cancer
>per zip code, etc., which doesn't require your name to be released. Zip
>codes are sufficiently populated that this probably is of no danger to
>privacy.

Um.....
Zip code 92067-1234 is my mother's mailing address.
OK, it's not -1234, but there is a 9 digit zip code that is sufficient
to get mail to my mother, and my mother alone.

P.S. This is less than 5 miles outside the city
limits of San Diego; hardly a "low population density" area.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Aladdin Systems   <mailto:mclow@mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"We're not gonna take it/Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it/Gonna break it, gonna shake it,
let's forget it better still" -- The Who, "Tommy"

Thread