1996-09-06 - Re: Conservation Laws, Money, Engines, and Ontology (fwd)

Header Data

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
To: “Donald E. Eastlake 3rd” <dee@cybercash.com>
Message Hash: c234651bc53feb567703d05dee57fc27eb9c35d0efa8e2eb65bd52b36e55e2cb
Message ID: <9609061904.AA00879@ch1d157nwk>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960906014039.21664B-100000@cybercash.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-06 23:39:15 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 07:39:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 07:39:15 +0800
To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee@cybercash.com>
Subject: Re: Conservation Laws, Money, Engines, and Ontology (fwd)

Donald Eastlake writes:
>  I don't think any one step will solve all our spam problems
>  but I wouldn't mind spending, say, 5 cents for each real piece
>  of mail I sent outside my company and if end machines charged
>  5 cents per piece of ouside mail received, I think spamming
>  would be crippled.  (Note that with bad guy lists, you could
>  collect the money and then just throw away the mail.)

So would you be willing to pay $50.00 for this message you sent to
cypherpunks?  If there are a thousand recipients and each one charges $0.05
for the priveledge of you sending it e-mail....  It seems like such a scheme
would not only cripple spam, but public discussion lists like this one.

andrew

Thread