1996-09-23 - Re: Informal Renegotiation of the Law

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Message Hash: c40e3ab65a1abaf4d9fcbf0b5b59a70b383629edfc4c766c7b9aae5fdcae36b1
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9609222127.A24532-0100000@netcom9>
Reply To: <199609230243.VAA00509@smoke.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-23 09:55:32 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 17:55:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 17:55:32 +0800
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Subject: Re: Informal Renegotiation of the Law

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, snow wrote:
>      I would agree that parents can do as good or better at _most_ subjects
> thru about the 3rd or 4th grade, and I do agree that most of todays schools
> are shit, however there is one area--social skills--that homeschooling
> simply can't compete. Children need to learn how to interact with one another
> in groups larger than a family unit. I don't think that homeschooling can
> accomplish this nearly as well as the public (or private) schools could.

I understand that many parents that homeschool belong to organizations
that provide for meetings twice a week in which the children so educated
in a certain area get together.  Homeschooling does not have to stand in
the way of a normal socialization process.

--Lucky

Thread