1996-09-28 - Possible subs attack????

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cd4c13562635dfea058c8dfaeb7f3971006d4b1f5db00579075dc75ed2cea7e1
Message ID: <843834821.2722.0@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:10:40 +0800

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:10:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Possible subs attack????

>     whose list is this, and why am I on it? Please delete my name
>   now.

I have noticed a lot of these messages on the list over the last day
or two, I can only assume Vilus/Detweiller/Some other troublemaker
has decided to subscribe a few people using fake return addresses,
anyone else got any ideas on what else could have caused people to be
subscribed?

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1