1996-09-03 - Re: FWD: Another try to kill democracy

Header Data

From: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d65a124ce92029056c761baef2c5c70cbe6451cc70150a86668b571d5da2971f
Message ID: <199609022352.XAA09328@pipe5.t1.usa.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 10:03:31 +0800

Raw message

From: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 10:03:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: FWD: Another try to kill democracy

---------

>From the US journal "Foreign Affairs," Sep/Oct, 1996:

   Postmodern Terrorism

   Since 1900, terrorists' motivation, strategy, and weapons
   have changed to some extent. The anarchists and the
   left-wing terrorist groups that succeeded them, down
   through the Red Armies that operated in Germany, Italy,
   and Japan in the 1970s, have vanished; if anything, the
   initiative has passed to the extreme right.

   Governments and media in other countries do not
   wish to offend terrorists by calling them terrorists. The
   French and British press would not dream of referring to
   their countries' native terrorists by any other name but
   call terrorists in other nations militants, activists,
   national liberation fighters, or even "gun persons."

For the full 30kb essay see:  http://jya.com/pothot.txt

Thread