1996-09-07 - Re: Race Bit: C

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: d686a2c47b7737e4789cda5331d771b5aacb6b76272e49df7fb723867ef522ab
Message ID: <9609062346.AA24494@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 11:01:27 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 11:01:27 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Race Bit: C

On  6 Sep 96 at 10:50, jim bell wrote:

> Since red liquid running in the streets is generally so reviled, one
> of the things which mystifies me is why there aren't more
> simulation-type programs used to test out hypotheticals, for example
> a "SimEconomy."   For example, you'll occasionally hear about a
> media news organization gathering a dozen or so volunteers in a
> room, and asking them to solve a problem like "The Budget Deficit"
> or some such.   The result of their interplay is generally used to
> explain why these problems are hard to solve.

Why do you suppose that solving the problem they created is their
goal?  On a more fundamental level, why do you assume the their goal
is to improve life at all?  Ask yourself if this is what they truly
want.

jfa
Jean-Francois Avon, Montreal QC Canada
 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
    Limoges porcelain, silverware and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultant
    physicists, technologists and engineers
PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

Thread