1996-09-09 - Guns Don’t Kill People, IP Does

Header Data

From: Troy Varange <varange@crl.com>
To: schmidt@pin.de (Stephan Schmidt)
Message Hash: dbf3fc8c12bb3644f373de9d631891008be7e6a2dd3fc7d70affbb0284d94ab9
Message ID: <199609091802.AA16555@crl5.crl.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.94.960909105907.14405B-100000@blau.pin.de>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-09 23:52:54 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 07:52:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Troy Varange <varange@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 07:52:54 +0800
To: schmidt@pin.de (Stephan Schmidt)
Subject: Guns Don't Kill People, IP Does

> One thought : How many of you would support terrorist
> web server (say Oklahoma, TWA, Iran, Lybia, RAF, IRA, ...) ?
>
> -stephan

Consdering how none of the above incidents are connected in any way
to the internet, what do you mean?  And what if there were bomb making
instructions on the internet and people are killed on account of it,
so what?

Mix roughly equal amounts of potassiam chlorate and red phosphorous
together while thoroughly wet.  When the mixture dries it becomes a
fulminating highly explosive mixture that doesn't even contain a
nitrogen molecule, so seventy pounds of the explosive can be
brought onto an airplane by passing through the nitrogen bomb
sniffers in luggage.

You are now a potential terrorist Stephan Schmidt.  If the
anti-extremists had their way, you will be a top candidate for
arrest for being a dangerous German, we all know that now, we can
honestly testify in German court you openly subscribed to an
internet high tech e-mailing list where terrorist secrets were
being traded.

How do you feel about being a terrorist, Mr. Schmidt?

Thread