1996-09-17 - Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu>
Message Hash: e8322f6d6da61c37f812339bfdfdcf099988d368aba2816906c422d72b690190
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960917011441.27534D-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <199609162254.PAA05380@joseph.cs.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-17 08:31:35 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:31:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:31:35 +0800
To: David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, David Wagner wrote:

> In article <Pine.3.89.9609152124.A20702-0100000@netcom9>,
> Lucky Green  <shamrock@netcom.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Sep 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:
> > > Just a comment: "The world population really should go back to around
> > > one billion", etc. And how could we achieve that without severe govt.
> > > oppression, one wonders?
> >
> > Quite simple. End all food and medical aid to developing countries paid
> > for with money stolen at gunpoint from our citizens. Or make Norplant
> > implants the condition for financial/in kind aid. Both US and
> > abroad.
>
> Why stop there?
>
> Make biometric ID implants the condition for welfare and financial aid, so
> we can track them in case they spend it on (gasp!) donations to the Libertarian
> party.
>
> Government scholarships for education and research?  Better wiretap their
> phones & emails, in case the recipients use the scholarships to work on strong
> non-GAKed cryptography.

What, pray tell, does the above have to do with Mr. Green's point?

> Hell, folks are also taking advantage of government money every time they
> step foot on a park or government road: might as well require citizen-units
> to escrow their identity and confiscate their guns as a condition of usage.

And this?  Mr. Green hardly advocated an authortarian regime, quite the
contrary, he simply advocated one which refused to hand out money to every
outstretched hand.

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn@schloss.li

Thread