1996-09-27 - Re: Newsgroup proposal: misc.anonymous

Header Data

From: John Anonymous MacDonald <remailer@cypherpunks.ca>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f57111fd0bbe9a3601bc483028b4bd266610797c4ebf9ba54d68dd2339fb2b95
Message ID: <199609270522.WAA14373@abraham.cs.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.960925223111.314A-100000@gak>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-27 08:58:25 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 16:58:25 +0800

Raw message

From: John Anonymous MacDonald <remailer@cypherpunks.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 16:58:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Newsgroup proposal: misc.anonymous

"Mark M." <markm@voicenet.com> writes:

> In an effort to get anonymity and message pools more widespread, I think it
> would be a good idea to establish a newsgroup for anonymous message pools that
> would get the same distribution as any other newsgroup in the "big 8".  The
> "misc" hierarchy is probably the best place for such a newsgroup since it
> already carries groups like "misc.misc" and "misc.test".  Does anyone have any
> suggestions or objections?

This sounds like a good idea.  I would certainly vote for such a news
group.  Should the name be misc.anonymous or misc.anonymous.messages?
Are alt.anonymous and alt.anonymous.messages basically to different
newsgroups for exactly the same purpose, or is there some difference
between them.

Thread