1996-09-07 - Re: PRESS RELEASE: GERMANY CENSORS DUTCH WEBSITE WWW.XS4ALL.NL

Header Data

From: “<pstira@escape.com>” <pstira@escape.com>
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Message Hash: f758a4795e36e01d426cf4019fe8b812e7e2799e3e629c27671e38682398d654
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.91.960907114344.23857B-100000@escape.com>
Reply To: <32316455.794BDF32@systemics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-07 18:32:24 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 02:32:24 +0800

Raw message

From: "<pstira@escape.com>" <pstira@escape.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 02:32:24 +0800
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Subject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: GERMANY CENSORS DUTCH WEBSITE WWW.XS4ALL.NL

Gosh, I'm not a German citizen, and don't even have a nickel's worth of
german blood in my body, but who will be the first to add some real
pretty pixtures and some snazzy ol' text adages to THEIR governments' web
pages?

Life needs more risk.  If we ever EVER hope to establish any sort of
DISestablishment, it only starts with us.  Well, you.  As I said, I'm not
German (and quid pro quo, and stuff like that).

;)
Millie
sfuze@tiac.net

PS: Why not mirror it on their own sites? ;)

On Sat, 7 Sep 1996, Gary Howland wrote:

> Timothy C. May wrote:
>
> > * as Germany is bent on blocking sites which carry this subversive
> > pamphlet, "Radikal," let us mirror it on thousands of sites around the
> > world.
>
> Agreed - put them in a dilemna by getting mirrors on machines obviously
> important and useful to the Germans.
>
> > * when the Germans went into Danmark and insisted Jews wear badges,
> > ordinary citizens (and the Danish Royal Family, as I recall) also took to
> > wearing these Star of David badges.
>
> Bad example.  Jews living in Denmark were not required to wear yellow
> stars.  The story about the Danish royal family wearing the stars is an
> urban legend, spread by the British to make the Danish King appear to be
> less of a coward after he fled to England.
>
> Gary
> --
> "Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better
> than what we have now."  -- Unknown.
>
> pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
> Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06

Thread