1996-09-17 - Re: Report on security of e-money by BIS

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f8890bd5a3740788cc5e4ad84a79ff2f9169eeff9295a49e57c758e1f22216e2
Message ID: <v03007801ae63247346e7@[206.119.69.46]>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:24:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:24:15 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Report on security of e-money by BIS

--- begin forwarded text

Sender: e$@thumper.vmeng.com
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 10:39:14 +0100
From: lvhove@vnet3.vub.ac.be (Leo Van Hove)
To: Multiple recipients of <e$@thumper.vmeng.com>

>So, I am still keen on that report ...
>
>>  No political recommandations.
>(ok)
>>  Possibliy the report will soon be online. Meanwhile it should be
>>  possible to order a copy at www.bis.org.
>
>but the site has no email address or ordering info.  The report
>is not listed as far as I could see.  As I have a scanner, I
>shall attempt to secure a paper copy, but it looks like recourse
>to historical methods of communications is called for.  Now, how
>does one operate this push-button dial thingy...
>
>--
>iang
>iang@systemics.com

Found the following on the FRB of New York site at

http://www.ny.frb.org/pihome/news/g10.html

---

SECURITY MEASURES FOR ELECTRONIC MONEY ARE
              EFFECTIVE, G-10 TASK FORCE REPORTS

NEW YORK -- Existing security measures to protect electronic money
products, when
implemented correctly, can provide consumers and issuers adequate
protection from fraud, according to a report by G-10 central bank computer
and security experts.

The report, issued through the Bank for International Settlements, was
prepared by

<snip>

*** This report will be available in its entirely on this site in the near
future.***

---

leo

Leo Van Hove

Centre for Financial Economics
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Free University of Brussels)
Pleinlaan 2
B-1050 Brussels
vox: +32 2 629.21.25
fax: +32 2 629.22.82
e-mail:lvhove@vnet3.vub.ac.be
home page: http://cfec.vub.ac.be/cfec/leo.htm

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"'Bart Bucks' are not legal tender."
                -- Punishment, 100 times on a chalkboard,
                       for Bart Simpson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/

Thread