1996-09-21 - Re: DL in exchange for fingerprint

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Kurt Vile <burris@apdg.com>
Message Hash: f9995966c698c184ed47dd4bae278de66f710a05135ea6765c855998cf75bb3c
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960921024503.2717F-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <199609201528.KAA13170@apdg.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-21 08:49:17 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 16:49:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 16:49:17 +0800
To: Kurt Vile <burris@apdg.com>
Subject: Re: DL in exchange for fingerprint

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, Kurt Vile wrote:

> >By the way, the next rev of the California driver's license will
> >reportedly have one's *Social Security Number* printed on the card!
> >So much for the statement clearly printed on my card:
>
> Illinois already has such a law, in fact you must have an SSN to
> even get a DL.

False.

You must present a SSN card or a "suitable substitute."

A w2 form with a (not necessarily YOUR) SSN is sufficent.  Note that not
all w2's actually HAVE your SSN because in some cases the Taxpayer
Identification number is distinct from the SSN.

I might add that standard w2 forms are available about anywhere.
They are also generally filled out by typewriter.

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn@schloss.li

Thread