1996-09-09 - Re: ASEAN nations generally pro-censorship

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: “E. Allen Smith” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fd9348587ee47da0e4de16f87e16fd1326a9ef93e90d6e450b7cb884508f8f64
Message ID: <199609090157.SAA13884@dns2.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 13:43:14 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 13:43:14 +0800
To: "E. Allen Smith" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ASEAN nations generally pro-censorship

>     _________________________________________________________________
>                 ASEAN FORUM AGREES ON NEED TO POLICE THE NET
>   __________________________________________________________________________

>[...]

>   But the statement suggested there was no agreement on a uniform
>   approach to policing the Internet.

One could argue that the hundred years war was in substantial part
the result of regulatory arbitrage against attempts to censor the
printing press, that it was in large part an unsuccessful attempt
to create a uniform standard of censorship by force of arms.

History suggests that there *wont* be a uniform approach on policing
the net.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com