1996-10-12 - Fuck Cyberpromo

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0ea52c6e09adbff059415760b36caa15fa73214262cce103fd033a25cd84f17b
Message ID: <v03007801ae85b0546a74@[206.119.69.46]>
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:29:43 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:29:43 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Fuck Cyberpromo

It seems to me that every time I send a message to cypherpunks, I get a 10k
message entitled "RESPONSE FROM CYBERPROMO" from "abusebot@savetrees.com
(Mail AutoResponder)" .

It stands to reason that everyone who posts this list gets the same thing.
I've certainly seen enough people here complain about it.

So. The messages all say send complaints to wallace@cyberpromo.com . That's
what I'm going to do. With every message I get from cyberpromo from now on.

I would expect that if everyone on this list who gets one of these things
-- which I suspect is everyone who posts here lately -- turned right around
and sent it on to this wallace@cyberpromo.com address, those, er,
caprophageous cretins, (thanks, DCF; don't sue me for copyright violations
;-)) would get the hint in a hurry.

I'm starting with the one I have, and, of course, I'll also do it for the
message I get from sending *this* posting.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"The cost of anything is the foregone alternative" -- Walter Johnson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/

Thread