1996-10-27 - Re: Prof Shamir arrested

Header Data

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
To: “Bert-Jaap Koops” <E.J.Koops@kub.nl>
Message Hash: 1d58ee79dd5050c0d99fa9900d99dccf314216923dc1e88daa5a00b2cfe1fd64
Message ID: <v02130509ae9830a37d34@[10.0.2.15]>
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 21:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 21:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Bert-Jaap Koops" <E.J.Koops@kub.nl>
Subject: Re: Prof Shamir arrested

>Jim Bell wrote:
>[many things on "fraud"]
>
>Excuse me if I don't react on this in detail. We have already
>explained it, and there it stands: fraud means playing a game without
>abiding by its rules. It's perfectly legitimate to establish a game
>and to introduse rules of the game with it. If you want to play the
>game, play by its rules, otherwise don't play it. If you play it
>while cheating, though, you must bear the consequences ("go directly
>to jail" ;-).

Or play the game the way nations do, be prepared to meet LE with equal or
greater force or creditable threat of same.

-- Steve

Thread