1996-10-30 - Re: Fortezza web site in Huntsville

Header Data

From: Jeff Ubois <jubois@netcom.com>
To: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
Message Hash: 2c0283ea91a232e2cf633550951224517a60cd8e5dfb96c73513fbd995118f2b
Message ID: <2.2.32.19961030003040.00674084@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 16:32:37 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Jeff Ubois <jubois@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 16:32:37 -0800 (PST)
To: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Fortezza web site in Huntsville

Looks to be LJL Enterprises, run by Larry J. Layten, which has deals with
Nortel and the US military for secure email (e.g. its ArmorMail product) and
Fortezza products.  Check out www.ljl.com for info on LJL.  From their page:

LJL Enterprises got its start by supporting Department of Defense agencies
with electronic mail and security products and services.

Currently, we are shipping security products that plug in to existing
versions of cc:Mail and Microsoft Mail. These products offer seamless
integration so users can benefit from our line of security products without
having to learn a new interface. We're also hard at work developing products
for Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange, and Qualcomm's Eudora.

LJL products work with the Entrust and Fortezza security subsystems, giving
you a choice between hardware and software security.

Contact us at:

LJL Enterprises, Inc.
4825 University Square, Suite 6
Huntsville, AL 35816
Phone: (205) 830-8991   Fax: (205) 830-5702   E-Mail: info@ljl.com

If you're asking who runs Larry Layten, well...

At 12:28 PM 10/29/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Check out http://www.armadillo.huntsville.al.us.  Bonus points for the first
>people to identify who actually runs the site.
>
>	John

Thread