1996-10-27 - Junkbusters: Invite the Government in!

Header Data

From: “Ross Wright” <rwright@adnetsol.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2e8790c2bd66d00b0118663b58e1668f5921816959462f3a8bd4a682a29980b7
Message ID: <199610271737.JAA19390@adnetsol.adnetsol.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:37:55 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Ross Wright" <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:37:55 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Junkbusters: Invite the Government in!

QUOTE

A direct quote from:   http://www.junkbusters.com/ht/en/spam.html

We think that junk email should be made illegal in the same way that
junk faxes have been outlawed in the US. Unfortunately it will take
lawmakers some time to get around to it, and even then spammers would
probably try remailing through other jurisdictions to evade
regulation.

END QUOTE.

I have only posted to this list RE: Internet Marketing and Spam.  I
have found that the general feeling runs against regulation of the
internet.  These Junkbuster people are crying for government
intervention.  The government coming into the internet is a bad idea.
Therefore: Junkbusters is a bad idea.

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906

Thread