1996-10-31 - Re: Privacy Issues

Header Data

From: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
To: lurker@mail.tcbi.com
Message Hash: 46d0762c4d10e11fe4d8aef0036d4412979e4ab4679f7e4fd0e0140f49887334
Message ID: <199610311525.HAA00906@crypt>
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:24:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:24:40 -0800 (PST)
To: lurker@mail.tcbi.com
Subject: Re: Privacy Issues

I recommend the web/gopher site <URL: http://chaos.taylored.com:1000/ >
managed by Chael Hall and Karl Barrus.  It has a collection of articles
from the early days of the cypherpunks list when we initially explored
a lot of the ideas which are getting rehashed today.  In fact, I
would recommend this to all new readers of the list in order to
understand what has been discussed before and what some of our goals
have been.  Looking back, some of the essays seem a bit naive in our
hopes and expectations for what crypto would do; things have turned
out to be more corporate, more political, less grass-roots, than many
of us expected.  But the basic issues have remained much the same.

Hal

Thread