1996-10-22 - Re: Japanese Export Restrictions

Header Data

From: tavik@alias.cyberpass.net
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 50d090f143c29259e49d6a7ea2798d50ffe6d9e8328b728e34a6d99121af06e2
Message ID: <199610221646.JAA07921@sirius.infonex.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:47:33 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: tavik@alias.cyberpass.net
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:47:33 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Japanese Export Restrictions

schryver@radiks.net allegedly wrote:
> Has any one been able to verify the anonymous posters assertion concerning
> japanese crypto export restrictions?

What counts as verification?  I heard it straight from a crypto exporter
in Japan, as the reason why the stuff they were sending me would be delayed,
and by the way they needed more information for the export request.  I
might even be the original source of the news since I did mention it to
a freind or two.  (I am not the original anon poster).  As to the details
re: if/when/why the change was made, etc., I don't know.

Is there a Japanese equivalent of the CFR wherein the government regs are
published?  Perhaps one of our bureau-savvy Japanese readers could check
into it.

Thread