1996-10-28 - Re: slander and call for lawyers. :)

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@amaranth.com>
To: Black Unicorn <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6bbfe6b7212cb4b46e284c5239c3a97f464b91e1093066fec7f5f66483afe8e9
Message ID: <m0vHpNG-000XEQa@maila.uscs.susx.ac.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.94.961026164648.10071G-100000@polaris>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-28 10:58:51 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 02:58:51 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 02:58:51 -0800 (PST)
To: Black Unicorn <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: slander and call for lawyers. :)

In <Pine.SUN.3.94.961026164648.10071G-100000@polaris>, on 10/26/96 at 04:48 PM,
   Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li> said:

>On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

>> Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com> writes:

>> > Now THAT would be a community service.
>>
>> Why don't you use the funds pledges for my defunct trip to California
>> for Ray's lithium bill.

>Suggesting that a person is on a psychoactive mediciation with the purpose of
>harming that persons image or character is likely actionable.

>I'd be careful if I were you.  If said individual ever manages to
>substantiate damages you've got an interesting time ahead of you.

Well as much as it pains me to take Dimitri's side I doubt that any damages can be
proved by his statements on this list. My reasoning for this opinion is as follows:

A.  Dimitri is a nut, kook, ...ect. Definitely suffering from dimished capacity.

B. Everyone on the list is aware of point A.

C. So with A & B true when Dimitri makes his nutty statements they are taken by the
list as just that, nutty statements.

Under the above I find it hard to see any real damage caused by Dimitri's statements.
Granted Dimitri is an anoying pest, I don't think that a lawsuite will do anything to
slow him down as I don't see one as winable.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii
Geiger Consulting    WebExplorer & Java Enhanced!!!
Cooking With Warp 4.0

Author of PGPMR2 - PGP Front End for MR/2 Ice

Look for MR/2 Tips & Rexx Scripts
Get Work Place Shell for Windows!!

Finger whgiii@amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info

*MR/2 ICE: Have you crashed your Windows today?

Thread